Information for Interested Vendors
Thank you for your interest in becoming a vendor at the Western Wake Farmers' Market.
The Western Wake Farmers’ Market, Inc. is a corporation that contracts with the
local vendors to sell their products at Western Wake Farmers’ Market located at
1225 Morrisville Carpenter Road , Cary, NC 27519. The market site is at Carpenter
Village Marketplace, which is 4.4 miles west of Hwy 40 on Aviation Parkway/Morrisville
Carpenter Road (Exit 285) OR 1.4 east of Hwy 55 on Morrisville Carpenter Road.
Vendors will be limited to qualified applicants who reside and produce their products
within a 125-mile radius of the Market.
The 2013-2014 market operates each Saturday 8AM - NOON (April 6, 2013 through November 23, 2013) and each Saturday 10AM - NOON (December 7, 2013 through March 29, 2014). A Pre-Thanksgiving market will take place Tuesday, November 26, 2013 2:00PM – 5:00PM (market will be closed on Saturday, November 30, 2013). The market is open rain or shine. You may apply for any of these market days at this time.
Vendor Attendance and Fees
- A $30.00 (new and returning vendors) non-refundable application fee must be submitted along with the Vendor Application.
- Full-time vendors: A regular or full-time vendor meets all requirements in the Market Rules and sells a minimum of 15 market days each year. A $150.00 non-refundable one-time annual fee is due after acceptance to the Market for the season, prior to the first Saturday market. The stall fee for a full-time vendor is $10.00 per space per day or $25.00 for two (2) spaces per day.
- Specialty vendors: A specialty vendor meets all requirements in the Market Rules and sells at most 15 market days during the year. These must be farms/businesses with specific seasonal crops, crafts or other products that are under-represented by full-time or seasonal vendors. A specialty vendor meets all requirements in the Market Rules, but is not required to pay the annual fee. The stall fee for a specialty vendor is $25.00 per space per day.
- Guest vendors: A guest vendor meets all requirements in the Market Rules and sells between 1 and 3 market days during the year. These must be farms/businesses with very specific seasonal crops, crafts or other products that are under-represented by full-time or seasonal vendors. A guest vendor meets all requirements in the Market Rules, but is not required to pay the annual fee. The stall fee for a guest vendor is $30.00 per space per day.
- All Vendors approved to sell at the Saturday market (April-November) are also eligible to sell at the Winter market (Saturdays, December-March). WWFM Inc., at its discretion, may approve new vendors to sell at the Winter market, without granting the right to sell at the Saturday market.
All prepared food items, meat, fish, and cheese sold must meet state and local health regulations including the inspection of the prepared foods seller's kitchens by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture health inspectors and labeling in compliance with regulations. Sellers of meat and fish must have valid licenses. Vendors must have a copy of licenses/certifications with them at market and provide a copy with the Vendor Application. Wild harvested products must adhere to all NC and federal laws.
All vendors (with the exception of guest vendors) are required to carry liability insurance, listing WWFM as an additional insured (preferably, not required). Vendors must provide a copy of any liability insurance (general or product) with the Vendor Application.
Please review the
WWFM Market Rules
WWFM Vendor Legal Agreement
for complete information on participating as a vendor. Please fill out the application completely via Manage My Market. Applications not filled out completely will not be considered.
Applications will be accepted through January 18, 2013. You will receive an e-mail or letter regarding acceptance or rejection of your application by February 15, 2013. For new vendors, the approval of your application is pending an inspection of your business/farm. You will be contacted to schedule a site visit if needed.
Application fees can be paid by check (mailed to PO Box 1113 Morrisville, NC 27560) or PayPal. If you want to pay by PayPal, go to your Account Tab in your ManageMyMarket account and click on the PayPal button after you have submitted your application.
Please refer questions to Madison Whitley at madisonlisbethwhitley [at] gmail [dot
com] or 540-230-6697. Or, use our
to ask your question.
We look forward to receiving your application.